Wednesday 30 August 2017

The Unanswered Whys



My Naked Self
Here I am naked in front of you
I've told you who I am, where I come from
and what I'm looking for
I've revealed everything about myself
I've told you about my fears
I admitted my darkness
I've entrusted you with my precious stone
I've given you my all
I've let go of my insecurities
Here I was learning to love again.

Why
Tell me why have you done this
Tell me why you have allowed me to be naked
Tell me why you pretended to care
Tell me why you said as from now on everything will be okay
Tell me why you made me trust you
Tell me why you lied
Tell me why you acted all perfect
Tell me why you cried with me and said you'll take care of my previous stone
Tell me why you said you'd stay
Tell me why you said we're a forever, the happily ever after
Tell me why you said we're a perfect match
Tell me why you watched me be vulnerable
Tell me why you said I should let go
Tell me why I should trust you again.

Here I am
Here I am crying my heart out to a temporary person
Here I am made a fool and told not to worry
Here I am lied to and I'm told you're not like my past
Here I am mesmerised by the illusion of perfection
Here I am guard down, for you said you were different
Here I am a fool who believed those things
Here I am eyes red can't even talk for I'm in disbelief
Here I am crying myself to heal for I believed that you were genuine
Here I am in the same predicament again

Why, Why, Why
Tell me why you did this
Tell me why you violated me
Tell me who stole what was precious to me
Tell me why you made me believe you're the one
Tell me why.

How
How did you do it
How did you make me fall for you
I was so careful, I know but you...eish, I messed up

Shouldn’t  Have
I shouldn't have allowed myself to fall
I should have kept my head held high
I shouldn't have allowed myself to ignite the spark between us
I shouldn't have allowed myself to follow you
I should have kept to my corner

You invaded my privacy
You invaded my space
You begged for accommodation, a refuge for your stone
You appeared broken and healed
You were imperfect yet, glowing
You said all is well
You lied

Oh Why
Why did I allow myself to believe you
Why did I just let go
Why didn't I keep to my corner
Why. Why. Why.
Time to heal and let go, tell me why.
By: T. Sibiya

T-Angelz Creations

No comments: